He is quiet and shy. He likes to hide his eyes behind his hair. He doesn’t smile very often. However, if you talk to him about music, he’ll have a lot to say.
This is Jay Chou, the 24-year-old Taiwanese pop king(天王). His fans are so excited because he will sing songs in Beijing on September 12. Those songs are from his new album (唱片), “Ye Huimei”, and the album was released (发行) in July and was named after his mother.
Chou grew up just with his mother. He did not talk much and did badly in many school subjects.
His mother noticed the boy’s special interest in music and sent him to learn piano when he was only three years old. He loved it and kept on practicing.
Chou is not very handsome. He does not speak clearly when he sings or talks. But the singer has huge crowds of fans. “He is really good at music. It makes him attractive(有魅力的) to me,” said Liu Jiajun, a Junior 2 student in No. Middle School in Beijing.
“He is true to himself. He never follows others,” said Zhang Yujie, a Junior 1 girl at Huaibei Middle School in Sihong, Jiangsu Province.
1. From this passage, we know that Jay Chou _______.
A. is very handsome B. has a bright smile
C. often makes too much noise D.. is a pop music star
2. His fans are so excited because _______.
A. he released a new album in July B. he will sing new songs in Beijing
C. he can play the piano very well D. his new album was named after his mother
3. When he was a little child, he _______.
A. talked a lot every day B. did well in his study at school
C. started to like music D. had huge crowds of fans
4. According to one of his fans, Jay _______.
A. is a good student B. has long and beautiful hair
C. is a well-known pianist D. is very attractive to them
5. The sentence “He never follows others” in the last paragraph means _______.
A. he always has his own style(风格) B. he likes to walk alone
C. he doesn’t like other people’s songs at all D. no one can catch up with him
1. 选D。根据第5段中的Chou is not very handsome. 可知A不对;根据第1段中的He doesn’t smile very often可知B不对;根据第1段中的He is quiet and shy可知C也不对。故答案选D。
2. 选B。根据第2段中的His fans are so excited because he will sing songs in Beijing on September 12可知答案。
3. 选C。根据第4段的His mother noticed the boy’s special interest in music 可知Chou小的时候就对音乐很感兴趣，也就是或那时就开始喜欢音乐了。
4. 选D。根据第5段中It makes him attractive to me可知答案。 #p#分页标题#e#
5. 选A。这句话本意是说他不会跟随其他人，但跟文章主题音乐联系起来，以及根据前面一句话He is true to himself可知隐含意义为他有自己的音乐风格。