In general，laws for children are a good thing.
One hundred years ago in industrial countries, children worked 18 hours a day in a factory at age seven. The factory owner could beat a child who fell asleep or was not fast enough. Both parents and teachers could do the same.
Today, there are many laws about children all over the world. Some people think children must obey rules or they should be punished，others do not agree. The Inuits or Eskimos in Alaskaalmost never punish their children. The parents don’t hit them. If the children go too far，the parents punish them by making fun of them.
Children in other parts of the world are not as lucky as Eskimo children. American parents can spank(打……臀部) their children at home，but a teacher cannot hit a child in a public school. This is also true inGermany. In contrast(对比), it is against the law for anyone to hit a child in Sweden. Swedish parents cannot spank their children. The children also have a special government official who works for their rights. There is even a plan for children to divorce from their parents though this is not a law yet!
16. How were children treated in industrial countries 100years ago?
17. What does the author mean by “go too far?”
18. Can a teacher inGermanyhit his students in public school?
19. What kind of people can beat children inSweden?
20. What does it mean by “a plan for children to divorce from their parents?”
16. They were treated very badly.
17. Do something too much.
18. No, he can’t.
19. None can do that.
20. A plan for ending the children’s relationship with their parents.